A Picture May Be worth 1000 words, But A Video Is Worth A Million More.
On sporadic occasions, Nazari and I love to snuggle up, pull up the highlight video from our wedding day online, and fall in love with one another all over again. While we may be bias, we also speak from experience. And while we would, of course, love for you to hire us- we honestly believe this is imperative to consider regardless of who you choose to capture your wedding day on film. Just make sure you budget for someone!
The Dorosh’s Top 10 reasons why your wedding budget should without a doubt include a videographer:
10. Words. There are a lot of very special words spoken on a wedding day, ones that take months or even years of thought and preparation. Words that cannot be brought back in a picture: Speeches given by your maid of honor and best man; toasts from your parents; a blessing from you pastor; and the vows you make to the person you love more than anyone else in this world.
9. Music. There’s something so special about music. Whether it is a performance during your ceremony, the song you walk down the aisle to, your first dance song or the tunes that get everyone out to boogie on your dance floor.
8. The Party. There are not many events that contain all of the immense joy that a wedding does. Nor the dancing. Especially with your parents, aunts and uncles, best friends and grandparents all under one roof.
7. Months to years of planning. Huffington Post ran a survey showing that the average length of an engagement is 13 to 18 months.That’s 1-1.5 YEARS of planning. The perfect dress, shoes, venue, flowers, food, and photographer. Save the dates, wedding invitations, and favors. Wedding vows, ceremony details, choreographed dances and entrances. All this time and planning for one day. A day that flies by. A wedding video allows you to revisit the moments that you put so much time and thought into making a reality.
6. Help in tough times. Your wedding is a day- your marriage is forever. Inevitably, your marriage will face tough times. Times that may tempt you to reconsider, or even forget, the lifelong vows you promised; Times that make you question your love for your spouse. What a gift it is to revisit your video, taking you back to the time to when you were giddy in love; Professing your love to one another in the good times and the bad; reminding you why you fell in love and chose each other in the first place.
5. Timeless. Wedding videos allow you to see and hear everything. You can watch your flower girl walk down the aisle again and again when she leaves for college. You can hear your dad's voice as he reminisces the years leading up to this day. And while we don’t like to think of this, some of your loved ones will unfortunately pass away, while others will grow older. Your videographer will captures these memories that will last a lifetime.
4. All the moment you missed. While you’re getting ready, your soon to be Mr. or Mrs. is getting ready too. How did the other half of your wedding party spend their morning? How did your guests react when they saw your reception space and wedding decor for the first time. What was everyone doing when you were out getting pictures taken? You’re both likely wondering the same thing.
3. Justifies expenses: A recent survey conducted by The Knot revealed that the average wedding is now about $28,858, costing even more in large urban areas. All the money that goes into the reception hall, the dress, and each and every other detail is now preserved forever.
2. The highlight video. This makes it easy to re-visit your first day as husband and wife time and time again. Having your entire wedding caught on video is amazing. But let’s be real- hours of footage isn’t something many of us commonly sit down to watch more than a few times. But having a highlight of your day the combines all the special moments to share online and watch whenever you want? Priceless.
1. You’ll regret it if you don’t. Many brides budget for photos, but not a wedding video. 98 percent of brides who make that decision regret not getting a wedding video. As beautiful as pictures are- down the road, photos alone often just don’t cut it. Budgeting for a wedding video is a surefire way to avoid any regret about your special day.